four standard c5 office envelopes, a trimmer, double sided tape, decorative washi tape and paper from the stash. This project takes as little or as much time as you have…
Being challenged on the spacial awareness front I had to follow a you tube tutorial called coupon/receipt organiser by JustaFewDesigns
I added a couple of magnets and omitted her mini binder clip element but to decorate I just grabbed a pack of paper
and my stash of washi tape, and kept going until I felt enough was enough.
I stuck the magnets with glue dots and covered them with paper hexagons but am not sure it works too well, or is necessary.
This will hold gift vouchers, coupons and loyalty cards in my bag. Wonder how long it will hold together…
Exacto knife and paper is all you need to make a quick, cute and quite strong gift bag…
The pattern for this came from ohappyday.com where they are intended as brown paper picnic snack bags but they are far too cute to stay in brown paper.
I started by downloading the template from the diy picnic basket post. It makes a quarter of the template needed so should be placed on a larger piece of paper folded in four to get the whole template. You can just cut round the folded paper with an exacto knife. Or you could follow their instruction to rotate and trace the template, but I found that a longer process.
I decided to trace mine on some wallpaper remnants – only 50pence in the end of line box at B&Q. This made for an even stronger bag and handle than a brown paper version.
Once the shape is cut, the side flaps are folded in and round and the handles are just threaded through the slits in the flap and the bag pulls together. So satisfying.
I couldn’t resist embellishing with a cheater’s ribbon made from three strips of the paper scraps – yes this was taped together and stuck on the bag. But tags tied around the handle would look good too.
The first bag was filled with shredded paper, the second one had its handles clipped together with a mini peg which pushed out the sides to make more of a handbag shape. Oh this is addictive.
Buoyed by success I then scaled the template down to make a mini bag from a piece of unloved 12”x12” paper.
Even cuter. Can’t recommend this highly enough.
masculine card made easy
Inspired by yana smakula on spellbinders new release…
using patterned papers cut with two sets of stitched edge rectangle dies
she used bright solids: I chose papers from the Docrafts mister mister pack
at this rate of using my patterned papers I have enough to last until 2021
The invitation was clean and simple in cream and gold , so is the reply.
on my scan n cut, I cut gold decor laminate vinyl bought from French diy store in mistral font and dry embossed around it to give the card base texture. This very thin vinyl needs only 2 blade depth and -2 pressure.
Unseen is a dry embossed frame inside. Couldn’t resist embellishing with a few hearts on the front, inside and both sides of the envelope…
Precisely cut cards using my stash of lovely papers
The ‘hello’ card was made with 7 equal squares and one double size from assorted papers with little motifs from the scan n cut library to embellish them. The card base was dry embossed at half inch intervals and then the panels mounted on fun foam and then adhered in place.
I found it easiest to position the small corner pieces first , then the large piece and then centring the remaining pieces afterwards. The embossing helped with alignment
For the baby card I used the Docrafts papermania pastels craft collection paper. I covered the card base with the small hearts paper, stuck a strip of the large icons paper centrally over it and then cut words in different fonts from brown card for the greeting.
Inside I stuck two hearts and a footer strip from complementary papers from the pad – keeping towards the blue tones. To finish I brushed the greeting with Wink of Stella glitter.
First steps in watercolour folloing a Crafts Beautiful outline determined to expand my techniques so used the freebies and copied a layout from the march issue …
I stamped the wreath and greeting with stazon on watercolour paper then cut an A2 panel of the same watercolour paper. I dug out three colour of distress inks and tapped each on an acrylic block to use as a palette) . I misted the paper and the block with water then brushed bands of ink across the paper using the largest brush I had in the craft room. I then cut the panel with one of my stitched rectangle dies, tied some jute coloured thread around, mounted it in fun foam and stuck that to an A2 card base.
I fussy cut the wreath, water coloured the design using the same three distress inks ( I don’t have a water brush so used an ancient wink of Stella to pick up the ink remnants from the acrylic block) . I stuck that on the panel and added a few sequins in the same colour range for finish
inside the card is blank
Back in love with individual card making…
I cut feather shapes on my scan n cut, mixing scraps from various paper collections focussing on green, brown and blue.
I dry embossed my panel of card at half inch intervals on a score board then stitched on the feathers in columns.
I used a neutral cotton and an old needle which is kept for paper stitching but didn’t need a special foot or stitch settings.
The panel was stuck on a base made from matching pearlised card and a few sequins adhered
Inside a lone feather was glued in place on a plain paper insert and outside a few dots of gold Stickles finished it off.