A crafty trick to personalise two plain cushions…
We printed two old photos on to xcut adhesive fabric (in sepia tones to match the linen and ‘frame’). This goes through a standard ink jet printer and has a canvas/linen finish.
The adhesive isn’t strong enough for practical use, it kept lifting at the edges, and yet is too thick to machine sew through so I cut a frame from heat and bond backed fabric, which just overlapped the edges of the photo, and ironed that over it. Now the cushions can be sat on or plumped and stay in shape.
The frame was a scan n cut library shape but could well have been cut by hand. The cushions are b&q standard but the final effect really uplifts them.
These won’t be washable but make a lovely gift.
I love making clean and simple cards, these use scraps from the seemingly everlasting Docrafts Folk Christmas kit.
I am trying to use it up before I let myself buy anymore paper but there is still lots still to work with.
I used an image from my scan n cut inbuilt library to cut 11 trees, each cut 2 cm high and mounted on small foam pads, so easy – 10 for the front and one for the insert.
I reckon this would work as well with a punch maybe in star or holly shapes if you didn’t have trees …
Here is a quick video on how to diy an insert for a basic card blank. Let me know what you think of my video efforts …
a little something for the Christmas table
I need to use some of my lovely Christmas papers so made up the set of cutlery pouches as a gift for someone I know likes the concept.
I used the docrafts folk Christmas kit. This included sheets of stick on initials.
Method: a 12 x 12 sheet is cut into three strips, each 4 inches wide. Each strip is folded at 8 inches to create a front flap half the height of the back. The sides of the pouch are stuck down with thin double sided tape
A belly band is created by cutting a 1 inch strip from some contrast paper, the strip wrapped round the pouch and fixed with double sided tape
A square (with corners rounded) of scrap paper is stuck over the join in the belly band and an initial stuck on the square
I used border patterns from my scan n cut to give top and bottom of each sheet a scallop edge but a border punch or pinking scissors would also work.
Four sheets of paper made nine pouches including belly bands and trim and a set of spare initials was included to cater for a range of guests.
My holiday crafting project: to use up some of my die cut and paper packs….
15 cards, 6 gift card holders put into three presentation boxes ( with a few cards for my use) but there is still soooo much left over that I can’t see myself ever needing to buy another pack.
I do like the colours of this do-crafts owl folk paper set but I must have made more than 30 cards already from the ultimate pack I bought – in the sale of course- so won’t mind when I use it up.
This time I tried new layouts with banners, flags and layering
And rather than stamping a sentiment inside just decorated an insert sheet with some strips or little die cuts
And the boxes were pizza box style from a sheet of A4 card that was just big enough but needed to be closed with a belly band cut from the paper kit to remind me what is inside each box.