- 10 medium plums
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1 dessert spoon ginger, powdered or fresh
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, I used white vinegar and soy dipping sauce instead
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce, mine was a hot version
- remove stones from plums.
- Mix plums in a saucepan with the other ingredients
- Heat on medium for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Blend well with an stick blender and add water to thin if desired.
- Store in jar in the fridge version inspired by ‘eat richly even when you’re broke’, food.com, epicurious and others